Topics
Enneagram
Astrology

Marques

13 days ago

INTP
Aries
any advice for a beginner boxer?

I’m trying to get into boxing but am struggling to find a gym that has any boxing equipment in my local area. Does anyone have advice for the best methods to train at home?

Michael

13 days ago

INFJ
Aries

2w1

Boxers need a lot of stamina so running it's highly important to help develope that endurance adding weights to increase difficulty as your endurance increases. Speed backs r also very cheap and easy to install in your home to help increase your speed and accuracy and a heavy bag as well is cheap and easy to install using it to increase how hard u hit.

G48DownX

13 days ago

INTP
Aquarius

5w4

SOLID ADVICE !

Marques

12 days ago

INTP
Aries

Thank you so much for your advice, I’ll make sure to focus on building stamina and get a speed bag and heavy bag. luckily my parents got me into the habit or running long distance at least once a week since i was 8 so i already have a headstart on that end!

Vin

13 days ago

INTP
Cancer

4w5

Yeah running is a lot of it!. Also, buy a skipping rope. It's the number one way to get your foot work in order and surprisingly, how you move is far more important than how you punch. Another cheap training trick is weighted boxing. Simply find two evenly weighted objects you can hold in your hands.. Start light and increase weight as you see fit. Just throw slow, controlled punched whilst holding the weights.. Mix in jabs, hooks, uppercut, ect.. Keep it varied and just going until you can't any more. This will increase your punching speed, accuracy and power. Another thing to look into is core strength workouts as its your core that protects you if your defence fails. One of my fav core strength workouts is the paused diamond press up. It helps to develop core muscles in areas that are hard to protect. To do a paused diamond press up, simply get in a press up position with your hands close together so your fore fingers and thumbs meet to make a diamond shape, then start doing press ups, but rather then pumping them out fast you do it on a 2 count.. So you go down, count to 2 and push up, count to 2 again and then back down. Sorry for rabbiting on, but lastly a great trick for building stamina is to find a hill or slope. Start at the bottom of the hill and sprint up is as fast as you can until you either reach the top or can't go any further. Then, turn around and very slowly walk back down. Use this time to catch your breath, but try not to pause or stop moving. Second you reach bottom, turn around and sprint back up.. Repeat until you can't any more. Hope you find a trainer soon and hope you enjoy the challenge. Boxing really is a great sport

Marques

12 days ago

INTP
Aries

Thank you! I really appreciate how in depth your explanations of each exercise were, I’ll definitely incorporate all of these techniques into my training and I look forward to trying them out. Again, thank you so much for the advice, it’s great to see how supportive the boxing community is and it makes me all the more excited to join!