Topics
Creativity
Film & Literature
Music
Activities
Games
Food & Drink
Pets
Causes
Sports
16 Types
Enneagram
Astrology

Make Friends. Find Love.

By Personality.

Search

Shabby

1 day ago

ISFP
Sagittarius

5w6

5

6

migrants

children r sleeping roadside

favorite

2

0

Lucien

2 months ago

ENFP
Gemini
Do you believe our purpose is really to go to a 9-5 job for most of your existence?
1 award

Also question the value of sleep. They want you to sleep 8 hours a day, and work 40 hours a week/8 hours 5 days a week. The average human has 683,040 hours in their life time. (US) There are 157,680 hours from being born til turning 18, the average person retires at about 60-64, and lifespan for Americans is averaged at 78, so another 18 years you may not labor. So if you don't work til 18, and quit at 60, that's 36 years you don't have to work or 315360, so only 46% of your life you may not have to work / be a part of the hive, but 54% of it you do. 54% of your life, you are supposed to go work and sleep for a total of 16 hours a day, for 42 years or 367,920 hours, you are asleep for 122,640 hours and at work for 122,640 hours so a total of 245,280 hours you are working and sleeping, for a percentage of 66%, so out of 42 years, 66 percent of it you aren't doing exactly what you want, you are doing what you are told to. The other 33 (34), at least from the people I see a lot, you are to tired to truly pursue things you want, or do things. Let's be a little more specific, At 5 days a week (2022 has 53 weeks, so we'll use this as refrence) there's only 2,544 weekend hours assuming you get a two day weekend. 2,544 x 42 (# of years average person works) = 106,848 hours, 367,920 - 106,848 = 261,072 hours, -8 hours a day for the time you are not at work or sleeping (8 x 5 = 40 hours ((5 days)) 40 x 2226 ((# of weeks in 42 years)) 89,040 hours during the 5 day work week) = 172,032 hours of work and sleep within 42 years (86,016 each) making it 46 percent of what you do in 42 years, is work and sleep-what you are told to do. Or 25% of your life is gone due to work and sleep between the ages of 18 and 60, 23 % is spent under the authority of your parents (0-18) and another 23% is spent under the authority of your caretaker as an adult (60-78, different depending on circumstances of course) so 70% of your life you don't get to have authority over yourself, 227,760 hours from 0~78 is spent asleep/unconscious so 33% of your life, you're unconscious. Don't you think there are better uses for that time? Or the 13% of it you spend working from 18-60 (if you're lucky)? Making it a total of 46% of your life, you are simply just doing what you are told? What if you could spend that 46% doing what you wanted? I feel like, with doing what I'm told 46% of the time, I'm too tired to do what I want the whole 54 other %. Thoughts?

favorite

18

38

Joseph

6 days ago

ISTP
Sagittarius

9w8

9

8

All humans are equal.
favorite

8

6

Alyssa

1 year ago

INFJ
Sagittarius
Kind

Kind people are my kind of people 😊

favorite

16

5

Cassandra

1 month ago

ISFJ
Sagittarius

5w4

5

4

This.
favorite

31

12

Williams

1 year ago

ENFP
Capricorn

7w6

7

6

Just a reminder: you are loved πŸ₯°
favorite

10

3

Prescott

4 days ago

INTP
Cancer

5w6

5

6

Humans are selfishly seeking selflessness
favorite

7

4

Baebl

13 days ago

ISTJ
Scorpio
Say ?!!

What do you think about a naughty girl?

favorite

3

11

chevron_right

Next